Author Topic: Mystery transistor  (Read 1887 times)

Offline MrWizerdTopic starter

• Contributor
Mystery transistor
« on: October 01, 2015, 03:02:42 am »
Ok I have a Transistor based on measurements is in a SOT23 case the main making is 1B but there are two markings on the sides, a p and after a p8 I think but it is 90 degrees turned from the main 1B.  If those markings are insignificant it is a  BC856B NPN transistor.  I attached a picture from my phone through  a loop with a flashlight shining on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Little beats big when little is smart, first with the head then with the heart ~P.K. Power of One

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
Re: Mystery transistor
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:14:56 am »
Firstly a BC856B is a PNP transistor, not an NPN.
Taiwan Semiconductor, Diodes Incorporated, Infineon Technologies, Fairchild Semiconductor and NXP Semiconductors all have 3 character markings for their BC856B, none of which are "1B"

It appears to be a Vishay BC846B.

What is your mystery?

Edit: Spelling.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:19:26 am by Mr.B »
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:33:31 am »
Sorry, was paying from my phone and the first one on this list http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/1b is the bc846b like you said.  My mystery comes in the form of the extra characters.  If it had just the 1B I would call it good but the two on the right are P8 by my eyes and want sure if these were significant or not.

Little beats big when little is smart, first with the head then with the heart ~P.K. Power of One

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:36:02 am »
That site shows the  1BP as the bc846b NPN by nxp. This is the confusion I'm having sorry couldn't edit previous post from tap talk

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 06:27:32 am »
The important thing is the "1B".
The other markings may be batch/date codes...

I would suggest it is a Vishay BC846B.
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf