Author Topic: Need Help ! Multimeter Mastech MS8260F or UNI-T UT61C  (Read 9127 times)

Offline MartinusTopic starter

Need Help ! Multimeter Mastech MS8260F or UNI-T UT61C
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:02:38 pm »
Hello,

I am looking for a digital multimeter but I haven't a high budget !
I have found on the internet a lot of brand, and I hesitate between a Mastech MS8260F and an UNI-T UT61C with RS232...
Both are catIII and IV.

links :
http://www.mastechmeters.com/product/meters/digital-multimeter/digital-multimeter-ms8260f.html

http://www.uni-trend.com/UT61C.html

I use very often multimeter so I need a well-built and accurate unit.

Please help me, I don't know theses chinese brand !
Do you think that a USB port or RS232 is really usefull ? Maybe for record evolution of temperature ??

Thank you very much,
Have a good weekend.

Martin

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:04:14 pm by Martinus »

alm

Re: Need Help ! Multimeter Mastech MS8260F or UNI-T UT61C
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:34:18 pm »
I wouldn't trust any multimeter in that price class with Cat III/IV measurements. Most meters in Dave's $100 shootout didn't even appear to have enough protection for these circuits. USB/RS-232 is occasionally useful, but I would focus on the core features first. Between those two, I would probably go with the Uni-T because I've at least seen some experiences (search the forum) which seemed fairly positive, no detailed review or tear down, though. Negative was the slow continuity. No idea about the Mastech. Watching Dave's review in the $100 DMM shootout about the UT-71 might give you an idea what to expect, although this is a more expensive model.

Online Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 01:59:35 am »
I have not had one in my hand, but I have read good things about the Amprobe 240. There is a teardown/minireview of it here on this forum. Based on what I know of the UT71 series ( I have UT71E) and what I see about about the Amprobe 240, I would buy the Amprobe 240. It seems to have all the safety and features that anyone could use in a handheld, especially for the price. As far as its ultimate accuracy and stability, I have no idea.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:05:33 am »
Thank you for your answer ! The UT71 is too expensive for me actually, but if it's a good quality, we can think that the UT61 isn't too bad...
The Amprobe 240 has similar caracteristics, it's an american brand. I can't find it for less than 60€ wih shipping cost...

I know I am fussy, but I havn't more than 50USD (around 40€) to spend for a DMM.

Offline Nermash

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:09:05 pm »
Between these two I would go with UNI-T. I have a UT60B branded Voltcraft VC820 and it is still working fine.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 03:09:56 pm »
Ok, thanks for your advice ! I think I will buy the uni-t..
I am waiting this evening for more opinion and place my order.

Have a good day.

Martin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf