Author Topic: Need Help Finding Part for RF Transistor / Oscillator  (Read 14025 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Need Help Finding Part for RF Transistor / Oscillator
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:36 pm »
hi, i need to know where can i get part in the picture below, or equivalent. from research, its somesort of 433MHz rf transistor and it is used in my Cheapo chinese RF Transmiter module. I've done searching in ebay and google with no success. Location can be from anywhere, hopefully available shipping to Malaysia. Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Shafri.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:21:50 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: Need Help Finding Part for RF Transistor / Oscillator
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »
It's not a transistor.

It's either a SAW resonator or an oscillator IC, how many pins does it have?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:13:52 am »
3 pins. its the main drive in the RF transmitter i think, the other components just plain smd transistors, caps and diodes.
edit: this is the whole circuit.

yellow wire tap = serial out from mcu to RF circuit.
big red wire and pcb strip (left bottom) is the RF antenna.
rightmost top chip is a unknown mcu, but dont bother.
the RF circuit is just a quarter area from the whole PCB (bottom), the rest is digital and supporting analog (v.reg etc).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:24:18 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:03:41 pm »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline tyblu

• Frequent Contributor
    • blog.tyblu.ca
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 02:16:45 am »
The SOT23 part is probably the driver transistor.
Tyler Lucas, electronics hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:53 am »
Taken from datasheet linked by Psi. here is the diagram application for ACTR433, i think my Cheapo Tx is a variation of this, the transistor maybe driving the SAW device (on-off by serial out digital hi-lo), but i meant, the SAW device is the modulator (mixing digital data with carrier signal at 433MHz), that send the modulated "digital data" out of air (through antenna). I'm not an RF expert myself, but just imagining.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:58:22 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline radiocrazier

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:48:38 am »
    I'm a chinese student, you try :GWR433A, it is a SAW resonator  anything I could help you?

you bought 433 module I could buy it every electronic market, very easy to success, Mechatrommer is right too. If you can't find this component,you can just find any resonators only 433MHz, but it can oscllating 433MHz when the transistor base in High electronic level.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:57:40 am by radiocrazier »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 04:07:15 pm »
I'm a chinese student, you try :GWR433A, it is a SAW resonator  anything I could help you?
you bought 433 module I could buy it every electronic market, very easy to success.

just in time James! i bought this module from a chinese seller, chinese selling alot of this cheapo stuffs, good value. but i need the resonator alone, as i will buying parts separately and soldered together on pcb. finding in the internet of the exact part number is no success. can you find me supplier for this resonator? or can you be the supplier as well? ;)

ps: my other option will be to buy bulk of this module, and desolder each components to be placed in new pcb, but i think that will take lot of works (thinking reflow right now ::) ). buying the complete module is still on the cheap side for my project. i'm just looking the possibility of even cheaper, and as i already stated, to be placed on different pcb.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:15:51 pm by Mechatrommer »

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 06:27:10 pm »
What sort of modulation is it supposed to give you? AM/FM?

It looks like it will do both simultaneously and the frequency will probably drift as the power supply changes.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 02:15:20 am »
i strongly believe its AM (ASK), and from the datasheet given this resonator can drift very little ±75 kHz from its center frequency 433.92MHz (433.845 min, 433.995 max) with Vsupply ±30VDC. Here is another one sold as module (smaller) http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/jmrtech/product-detailDoUntLGjOIhV/China-Ask-Am-Transmitter-Module-TX1-.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:17:33 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline radiocrazier

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 11:17:54 am »
Mechatrommerm, are you in china now?, what province are you in? I study in Sichuan Chengdu,and there is a great electronic components market,maybe this resonator very cheap   6.00RMB/10pce  433.92MHz BX R433A.But I will help you to ask the supplies and translate the language.i have not bought the resonator like 433. so sorry for my less of 433 SAW resonator experiments
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:26:29 am by radiocrazier »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »
Mechatrommerm, are you in china now?, what province are you in? I study in Sichuan Chengdu,and there is a great electronic components market,maybe this resonator very cheap   6.00RMB/10pce  433.92MHz BX R433A.But I will help you to ask the supplies and translate the language.i have not bought the resonator like 433. so sorry for my less of 433 SAW resonator experiments
I am from Malaysia, its hard to find electronics components here. Thanx for your help, i appreciate it, but i hope it will not trouble you too much.

Offline radiocrazier

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 10:18:16 am »
I am from Malaysia, its hard to find electronics components here. Thanx for your help, i appreciate it, but i hope it will not trouble you too much.
Oh it dosen't matter,It's my pleasure,I like making components and searching the Data for it, but you are nit in china,I feel very sorry I couldn't help you so much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf