Author Topic: Need help finding soldering tips for...  (Read 2658 times)

Offline KeeganTopic starter

Need help finding soldering tips for...
« on: October 08, 2015, 04:55:19 pm »
Hello everyone, I need help finding tips that will work for an old (but has been good enough for my limited use) soldering station I have. It's a harbor freight model 96375. I've been told it's a copy of a Hakko unit. Hope theirs someone out there that can help. Thanks very much!

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
Re: Need help finding soldering tips for...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 05:06:22 pm »
harbor freight 96375
Looks like one of the hundreds of HAKKO 936 clones out there.

Searching for "hakko 936 tip" on ebay or anywhere else should do the trick for you.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:47 pm »
Thank you so much for the quick response; I'll be ordering some now.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:43:00 pm »
Just be aware that most of the Hakko tips on ebay are fake.  Having said that, I have ordered some from ebay knowing they are fake, but for the little soldering I do, they seem to work okay.  I did get one that was totally pitted inside the package.  A quick photo and email to seller resulted in another one being sent.

A real Hakko tip from my local electronics store is around $13 + tax CDN vs $2 + free shipping CDN on ebay.  Aliexpress may even be cheaper than ebay?

If I did a lot of soldering, I would probably get a real Hakko tip from a reputable seller.

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:43:29 pm »
Thank you for the additional information. Luckily, I have a Frys Electronics somewhat close by who sell them for about $6 USD each.

Very appreciative of the help!

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 12:26:00 am »
Luckily, I have a Frys Electronics somewhat close by who sell them for about $6 USD each.
$6 USD is reasonable and I would pay that for a real Hakko tip.  I suggest getting a 1.8mm or 2.4mm chisel tip.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:43:15 am »
Great, will do  Thank you! I plan to pick up in the morning.

Offline nbritton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 01:17:36 am »
What about these tips here, do you know who the OEM is?: http://www.makershed.com/products/soldering-tip-kit-for-soldering-station-mkpe1

They are not ceramic, they are solid copper with nickel plating. I'd like to find like a 1mm chisel tip for SMD work.

Offline nbritton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 02:12:42 am »
What about these tips here, do you know who the OEM is?: http://www.makershed.com/products/soldering-tip-kit-for-soldering-station-mkpe1

They are not ceramic, they are solid copper with nickel plating. I'd like to find like a 1mm chisel tip for SMD work.

Well that was easy, It's a re-badged Ningbo Zhongdi. Apparently they only make four styles of tips for these devices. Do you know of a compatible 1mm chisel tip that will work in this iron? I think the collar diameter is 6.8mm, shaft diameter is 4.8mm, and shaft length is 43mm.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf