Author Topic: New ATTEN 1102cal+  (Read 3038 times)

Offline kgavionicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
New ATTEN 1102cal+
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:49:15 pm »
hi
i've bought my first oscilloscope ATTEN 1102cal+ and every thing is all right exept i dont know how to remove the 60hz sinwave ( it shows a sin wave when there's no signal)

thank you in advance

Offline w2aew

• Super Contributor
  • I usTa cuDnt speL enjinere, noW I aR wuN
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: New ATTEN 1102cal+
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:19:30 am »
hi
i've bought my first oscilloscope ATTEN 1102cal+ and every thing is all right exept i dont know how to remove the 60hz sinwave ( it shows a sin wave when there's no signal)

thank you in advance

Is this occurring with nothing connected to the input connector, or do you have wires hanging on the input?  If there is nothing connected to the input connector at all, then it sounds like a fault.  If you have a wire connected (and connected to nothing at the other end), it sounds like normal 60Hz pick-up from the mains supply.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/w2aew
FAE for Tektronix
Technical Coordinator for the ARRL Northern NJ Section

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:31 am »
hi

thank you in advance

Is this occurring with nothing connected to the input connector, or do you have wires hanging on the input?  If there is nothing connected to the input connector at all, then it sounds like a fault.  If you have a wire connected (and connected to nothing at the other end), it sounds like normal 60Hz pick-up from the mains supply.

thank you for reply
you are right, this situation occurs when i plug only the probe without ground.Is there a possiblity to remove this option because is very confusing for me?

thank you again

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:14:40 am »
hi

thank you in advance

thank you for reply
you are right, this situation occurs when i plug only the probe without ground.Is there a possiblity to remove this option because is very confusing for me?

thank you again

Yes, connect your ground lead.

What on earth do you expect to happen if you have a meter or so of wire hanging around?

Offline w2aew

• Super Contributor
  • I usTa cuDnt speL enjinere, noW I aR wuN
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 05:27:12 am »

thank you for reply

thank you again

It isn't an option - it's doing exactly the correct thing. The unconnected wire on the input is acting as an antenna, and it's picking up the 60Hz field from the air.  Are you using a proper probe, or just unshielded wires?  You may want to review my "Probes" video - go to YouTube.com/w2aew - lots of basic oscilloscope videos there, including one on the basics of probes.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/w2aew
FAE for Tektronix
Technical Coordinator for the ARRL Northern NJ Section

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:02:59 pm »
thank you guys now every thing is clear for me ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf