Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Electric AlTopic starter

« on: August 15, 2014, 09:34:18 pm »
 :-//   

I am a retired electrical contractor , and I now dabble in electronics .
 I know very little , but I am willing to learn .

My other hobbies are model railroading (HO gauge) and small gas engines .

I am a member of a few other forums , and I enjoy them , so I decided to try out this forum as well .

When I filled in my profile page I could not install my avatar , and I do not know what  I am doing wrong .

Maybe someone can help me out ?    :-//
Noobie    ....     willing to learn !

Offline apelly

• Supporter
  • Probe
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:45:57 pm »
I use gravatar.com

One avatar everywhere. A lot of sites support it natively. Here I just selected Specify avatar by URL and pasted a link.

Offline liquibyte

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:22:34 am »
Click here, choose upload avatar on left and upload browse on right.  Of course you can choose from the board defaults as well if you want.  Something around 65px × 65px is the limit I believe.  Mine is smaller but is based on an SVG and I had to keep it narrow to maintain the aspect ratio at 28px × 65px.

Offline nitro2k01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:30:10 am »
Hover profile in the top menu, click forum profile in the dropdown. You should be able to select upload an avatar and select a file from your computer. The uploaded file is subject to some size limit, however. If you already tried that, it would be helpful if you could explain further what happens when you try to set your avatar. Nothing? An error message?
Whoa! How the hell did Dave know that Bob is my uncle? Amazing!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf