Author Topic: Newbie question- old oscilloscope iso-tech isr620  (Read 2529 times)

Offline wembleyfordTopic starter

Newbie question- old oscilloscope iso-tech isr620
« on: September 29, 2017, 02:04:15 pm »
So, literally just beginning with some basic soldering, playing with some £1 kits on ebay, that sort of thing, with working my way up to building a clock using UB panel meters, powered by a TI TMS320 chip eventually... 

Anyway, followed Dave's advice and had a nosey around the university I worked at for some second hand kit - and got myself an old analogue oscilloscope for free.  It's probably (definitely!) cheap rubbish even when new, but I can't complain at the price.  What I can't find is any documentation or instructions. I'm sure I'll be able to work the very basics out, but it'd be good to have some reference docs as I still need to buy probes for it.

It's old unit, seventies, I'd guess, and is badged as a 'iso-tech ISR620' - a dual channel 20Mhz scope.  Most of their recent kit looks like rebadged stuff and It looks like the manufacturer was (recently) taken by RS as you get redirected if you go to iso-tech.com.  Unfortunately, I can't find anything on RS's website about older products or even current models for that matter. 

Anyone have any docs or specs for a Iso-Tech ISR620 ?

Thanks
Dave

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !

Re: Newbie question- old oscilloscope iso-tech isr620
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 02:54:29 pm »
Hi oldway, thanks for the reply.  I did find that hit previously, but noted it's for different models to the one I have - I'll take a second look and see if the instructions for the 622 cover the 620 to an adequate degree.

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »
Yes, indeed the model 620 is older than the 622 and is very different.

The 620 is very simple, really basic .... I think you need a training to use an analog oscilloscope.

See our section: Oscilloscope training class (long)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/oscilloscope-training-class-(long)/

The following users thanked this post: wembleyford

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:52:11 am »
Yup - it definitely appears very basic.  OTOH, it works fine, seems to be at least roughly in calibration (I have no probes yet.., so have made do with various random bits of wire), and the traces are good.  Can't complain given what I paid for it.

Thanks,
Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf