Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 2234 times)

Offline kettyshowTopic starter

Newbie Question
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:09:12 am »
Hello,

Just picked up electronics as a hobby and I have been slowly building my lab. I would like to buy a power supply and I have had my eyes set on the Agilent E3610A. I understand that this is the same model as the HP 3610A that Agilent carried over from the 1999 spinoff. Here is my question: is there any difference whatsoever in any way between the two or is the Agilent the exact HP with a new label? I ask because I would like to have the same brand in my lab (Agilent that is since I have other products from them) but I could get a used HP cheaper.

Thank you

Offline StubbornGreek

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:53:57 am »
Hello,

Just picked up electronics as a hobby and I have been slowly building my lab. I would like to buy a power supply and I have had my eyes set on the Agilent E3610A. I understand that this is the same model as the HP 3610A that Agilent carried over from the 1999 spinoff. Here is my question: is there any difference whatsoever in any way between the two or is the Agilent the exact HP with a new label? I ask because I would like to have the same brand in my lab (Agilent that is since I have other products from them) but I could get a used HP cheaper.

Thank you

As long as they're calibrated correctly/recently then there's no (functional) difference aside from age.
"The reward of a thing well done is to have it done"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline kettyshowTopic starter

Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »
Thank you StubbornGreek.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf