Author Topic: Nintendo Gameboy Advance Micro and Sp - In need of schematic circuit diagram  (Read 3553 times)

Offline recyclednewsTopic starter

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have spent 3 days looking online and I can not find anything. I have 2 Gameboy micros that have short circuits. I am having an extremely hard time figuring out where they are. If I maybe had the circuit diagram that shows the components and current flow. I could determine what is failing and replace it. If you can please help and if I posted this on the wrong location I apologize... Just tell me where to post it.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
I have 2 Gameboy micros that have short circuits.
If you're so sure the GB's have "short circuits", cut the circuit boards in half and reconnect them with 1 meter long wires.
That way the circuits will be much longer.
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

The only stupid question is, well, most of them...

Save a fuse...Blow an electrician.

Offline rexxar

• Frequent Contributor
    • Forever Tinkering
IIRC, Gameboys have a couple SMD fuses. You may want to check those, but if they're blown, that indicates a bigger problem downstream. Most likely one of the ICs has developed an internal short.

I doubt very seriously that there's schematics for any modern Nintendo products. On the GBA they covered the entire circuit board with silkscreen to "prevent" reverse engineering, so it's not likely they released schematics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf