Author Topic: Nixie clock  (Read 1637 times)

Offline manubaliTopic starter

• Contributor
Nixie clock
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:03:52 am »
Hi, i am a beginner learning to design circuits, recently i got inspired by dave's nixie tubes project and decided to build one, i have choosen this circuit https://www.instructables.com/id/SMD-Nixie-Clock/
Author have used IN-14 nixies for this project, but they are bit expensive, i found IN-12a and NL-841, (nzd $26 and $90) for Lot of 6,  and i am going for NL-841, but i have confusion with pin configuration.
The 14th pin in datasheet is called "int. conn." What does that means?? I know its a stupid question.

Offline danadak

• Super Contributor
  • Reactor Operator SSN-583, Retired EE
Re: Nixie clock
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:00:06 am »
Have you got a datasheet you can post ?

Just speculating that this is a pin used internally as a header and has "int"-ernal
connections to it. Not to be used by user ? Just a thought.

Regards, Dana.
Love Cypress PSOC, ATTiny, Bit Slice, OpAmps, Oscilloscopes, and Analog Gurus like Pease, Miller, Widlar, Dobkin, obsessed with being an engineer

The following users thanked this post: manubali

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Nixie clock
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:29:43 pm »
Pins with names like that are frequently used as mechanical supports for the internal structure of the tube. Often they're effectively in parallel with other connections, occasionally they're used to power a coil wrapped around a getter pill. Whatever the case you should avoid connecting anything to them unless you know for sure what you're doing.

The following users thanked this post: manubali

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf