Author Topic: Old Digital Experimenter XK 200 Is there any documentation anywhere?  (Read 2824 times)

Offline dentakuTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I got this Digital Experimenter XK 200 with a bunch of other stuff when I went to buy an oscilloscope from someone but he wanted to get rid of everything in the room.
https://app.box.com/s/uhsvv4er59dais02lb8s
It has a little breadboard that screws into the middle but I removed it just because I wanted another breadboard for something.

I've found a black version of it on eBay that comes in a little carrying case but I haven't found out much about it.

I'm assuming it came with documentation?
Would anyone know where to find the documentation?

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
Re: Old Digital Experimenter XK 200 Is there any documentation anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:15:16 am »
You might try asking Elenco, seems like their model number.

Offline dentakuTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:39:35 am »
I does seem to be a battery powered ICS branded version of the fancier Elenco XK 200.
I found the manuals for the XK 150, XK 500 etc. on the Elenco website but unfortunately not the XK 200.

Looking at the specs of the XK 500 I see it has a XR 2206 in it for the function generator. That would have been nice to salvage from it :)

You might try asking Elenco, seems like their model number.

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 04:22:15 am »
I found the manuals for the XK 150, XK 500 etc. on the Elenco website but unfortunately not the XK 200.

That's why you should ask them.

Offline CharlieWorton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 04:59:15 am »
The Elenco XK-200 Analog/digital trainer is supplied by Penn Foster (in the US) and International Correspondence Schools (in Canada) as a learning tool, used in completing some of the final lessons in their electronics technician course (described at this link: https://www.pennfoster.edu/programs-and-degrees/electronics/electronics-technician-career-diploma).  The trainer includes a (very modest) power supply, a rudimentary function generator, a breadboard, a bunch of jumper wires, and some logic switches.  I think Elenco valued it at around $200, but its capabilities could be obtained from various AliEpress kits for much less than that.  If you enjoy breadboarding circuits, I guess it could be convenient to have the power supply right there with the breadboard.  But it is intended primarily as a teaching/learning tool for students learning electronics, and its capabilities are reflected by this.  >Charlie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf