Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1189 times)

Offline ShadowTroyerTopic starter

Hello
« on: May 21, 2015, 07:03:59 am »
Hey guys whats up??

This is my first post here, i'm a from Brazil and i have a little i.t assistance here, i'm actually studying a lot of eletronics and hardware material, first of all i'd like to apologize for my bad english, i've learnt by myself and sometimes i can write some mistakes that'll sound crazy lol

Anyway,I'd like to ask you guys, if there is any possibilities of using a laptop LCD with a VGA cable in a normal computer, is it possible to make the connection with some kind of circuit or adaptation?

Offline samnmax

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:21:25 am »
Welcome!

Yes, it's possible to reuse laptop LCD panels and connect them to VGA/DVI/HDMI. You need a universal LVDS controller board, take a look here, for example:

https://sites.google.com/site/lcd4hobby/lcd-tft-as-pc-monitor

But you need to match the pinout of the LCD panel, the resolution, 1 or 2 LVDS channels, 8 or 6 bits... It's not plug-and-play at all!
Some of the boards can be configured by jumpers and others must be programmed with the correct settings.

Some eBay sellers will send you the correct cable and will flash the PCB with the correct settings if you tell them the LCD panel part number.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf