Author Topic: Opening multimeter  (Read 1640 times)

Offline StuartambientTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Opening multimeter
« on: July 20, 2016, 08:55:19 pm »
This might be a lame question  :-DD but can't figure out for the life of me how to access the battery / fuse area in my meter.
The manual says remove 2 rear case screws, neither which exist. The diagram section shows the compartment under the stand.  It looks like it should lift up but without just full force and breaking it it's not budging.  Could be those are two tabs on the side but those don't do anything either.
Anyone familiar with this unit? It's an Amprobe 5XP-A

Offline suicidaleggroll

• Super Contributor
Re: Opening multimeter
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 08:58:38 pm »
Looks like a red plastic DMM with a black rubberized casing over it.  Have you tried pulling the rubberized casing off and accessing the back of the DMM directly?

Offline MosherIV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:00:20 pm »
The rubber case just pulls off. Try lifting it at one corner, push your fingers in under it and pry it off.

Offline StuartambientTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 09:05:22 pm »
See, I knew it was a lame question.   :palm: I even found the two screws.  Thanks guys!

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 03:01:34 am »
Don't feel too bad.  We all have had moments like those ... we just try not to mention them - usually.

I did have one instance where I was working in retail electronics where a customer had bought a small stereo system.  I took the call when they rang a couple of hours later and said the plug was too big and wouldn't fit in the power point.  Without any pictures, I was initially puzzled ... for about 10 seconds, then I made a suggestion which immediately solved the problem.

Here's an image of a British plug that should suggest what the problem was.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf