Author Topic: orico usb mod  (Read 1257 times)

Offline radishTopic starter

• Contributor
orico usb mod
« on: April 17, 2016, 01:32:54 am »
Hey guys, and gals.

i went out and got one of thses over priced usb chargers this weekend, when i noticed that under my tv there's not enough room to have the wires stick out on either end. so i decided to make a weekend project out of modding the power jack to the same side as the usb port so i can route both cables in the same direction in hopes of saving a bit of space on the left side of the unit.

unit in quesiton:

long story short i soldered the jack and was hoping to change it to a different style...

from this

to this

i like the idea of having a screw on jack, i guess my question is if there is anything im missing or can i just swap the 3pin jack that is originally there (has a V+ and 2 grounds i looked around on the internet and found that info so if its wrong please dont hesitate to correct me.)  with the new 2pin screw in jack.

thanks in advance!

Offline michaeliv

• Frequent Contributor
Re: orico usb mod
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 06:47:51 am »
Yes it should work.
However don't trust the info that you found online about the jack, it might be about a slightly different model.
Test the jack connections by yourself.
Make sure the + and - are ending up exactly where you want them to end up, avoid creating a short or powering the hub with reverse polarity.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf