Author Topic: Oscilloscope oddities  (Read 3752 times)

Offline GadgetBoyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Oscilloscope oddities
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 07:22:41 pm »
Yes, but now you have 32Vpp sinewave against 8Vpp, the diode drop is much smaller than the signal so it looks much closer to ideal.

JS
I'm planning on finding a lower voltage transformer to demonstrate that in the future. For now, I'm just introducing fundamental concepts, treating everything ideal in order to build a foundation of knowledge, then I'll work into effects of non-ideal components.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline JS

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Oscilloscope oddities
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 09:15:01 pm »
IMO, building ideal concepts is a bad way to learn this, then it's pretty hard to understand and naturalize the limitations. I think it's much better slowly getting correct concepts and then the simplifications and it's conditions when you can do them. That makes for a really boring video but you could show the I/V curves of an actual diode and the ideal one and say ypu are using the ideal model. Then you could show what you learned making the video and show the limitations of using non ideal diodes, and how you overcome that using a higher voltage.

I think that differentiates a videp from the tpn of videos showing diodes and one where someone could acctually learn something in the right way.

Hope yours kills it!

JS

If I don't know how it works, I prefer not to turn it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf