Author Topic: EXPERT ANSWER  (Read 2667 times)

Offline AbayomiTopic starter

• Contributor
EXPERT ANSWER
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:28:09 pm »
I need an expert answer on this question what are the skills needed by an electronics engineer, I mean what software, programming language, or  others stuff what learning. Advice on how to be an entrepreneur on electronic products design.

The following users thanked this post: ali6x944

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: EXPERT ANSWER
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:19:34 pm »
I think you are scrambling up Electronics Engineering and Computer Science.  There is some overlap, of course, but EEs generally design hardware (products) and programmers make them useful.  Even in college, there is some overlap and EEs will get some exposure to programming and CS guys will get some exposure to hardware when the discussion turns to jpw computers work.

Entrepreneur?  That's going to be different, you may need to know both ends of the job.  At a minimum, you need to be very good with C programming.  I would think, hardware wise, you would be looking at embedded chips like the ARM processors.  I don't know what kind of products you plan to build but I would bet they wind up with a microcontroller of some kind.

Want to build products based on Linux?  That might involve something like a Raspberry PI and a bunch of Python code.  Or C...

I'm not much on the higher level languages like Java and C++ because I don't see where they are a benefit for embedded programming.  I'm probably wrong!

EE school takes about 4 years and 140 units (realistically, that can only be achieve by taking 12 units per semester, 3 semesters per year).  Some of it is nonsense but the vast majority of math and science classes will be quite useful.  You simply can not avoid higher level math and physics.   Throw in another 30+ units for an MSEE if you think if would be useful.  It can be done in a 3 semester year...

I don't know much about the CS curriculum but I did note that it takes 15 units of math starting with Calculus 1.  At a minimum, it will get to Differential Equations.  So, pretty deep in math.  Statistics will also be a required math class.

And, lacking all of the above, you could tumble to an idea, do a lot of research on the web and come out with a product.  It happens all the time.  I don't know what language you will use to program but it will be called C.

The following users thanked this post: ali6x944

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:56:33 am »
I need an expert answer on this question what are the skills needed by an electronics engineer, I mean what software, programming language, or  others stuff what learning.

There's no single answer here, expert or otherwise. Electronics engineering is a constantly evolving environment where you don't stop learning. What you need to know right now depends on what you're designing and/or building, what parts are being used, what functionality is needed, etc.

What kind of electronics are you going to work on?

Advice on how to be an entrepreneur on electronic products design.

By entrepreneur, do you intend to handle everything including determining market opportunity, selling the products, running the business, etc.? If so, there's a lot to learn and experience in addition to the engineering/programming aspects. As a minimum, begin with fundamentals on starting and running small businesses.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:39:51 am »
Gotta have an EXPERT question first.
But that's just me thinking again.
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

The only stupid question is, well, most of them...

Save a fuse...Blow an electrician.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:50:08 am »
@wilfred: I concur.

@Abayomi: When you get a chance, additional information will be helpful in formulating the best answers for you.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 08:27:07 pm »
Please don'd double post, particularly in the same section.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf