Author Topic: Other options for spring-type vibration sensor-switch  (Read 922 times)

Offline jolshefskyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Jason DoesItAll
Other options for spring-type vibration sensor-switch
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:43:44 pm »
I'm working on a little project that might go to manufacture, so I'd like to find a way to turn it on for a short time (see my other post about the timing circuitry if you're at all interested.) My first crack is using a tactile switch but I'd like to make it consumer-grade waterproof so having a moving part on the outside seemed like a bad idea. Then I remembered those spring-type vibration sensor-switches which use a coiled spring around a center pin; when it's jarred, the spring makes contact with the pin.

I found what I think is the Chinese manufacturer, Bailin Electronics Company a.k.a. BeeLee with this kind of offering. I'm hoping, against all odds, to find a manufacturer I can put a modicum of trust in to have good labor and environmental practices, neither of which I think I can find in China. But more important, I'd like to find a reflow-ready surface-mount solution, and perhaps one with actual force specifications (as opposed to "high sensitivity", "standard", "dull", and "duller" which is worse than useless.)

I haven't found anything on DigiKey or Mouser—only ball-type tilt sensors or piezoelectric tilt sensors. Any idea where else I could look?
May your deeds return to you tenfold.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf