Author Topic: PCB design Program¿?¿  (Read 3060 times)

Offline TorqueRangerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
PCB design Program¿?¿
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:04:34 am »
I know another PCB build program question.. Sorry ..
But I am looking into building my own PCB's ... I have real hard time trying to learn any electronic building program .. My plan is build mostly thr-hole boards with a possibility of smd work but also putting font on the top side for components... But I am looking for a simply program with not exact components just basic symbols that I can change to correct name later and can be turn into a file I can print with my laser jet and then thermal transfer... I was checking out Lt spice but wssnt sure if I could PCB layout to print or is there something better to try???

Thanks

Offline Thor-Arne

• Supporter
  • tinker - tinker, little noob.....
Re: PCB design Program¿?¿
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:06:47 am »
LT Spice is a circuit simulation program, it can't do anything beside that.

You can find your design packages here.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 09:20:12 am »
I would recommend DipTrace
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline Wilksey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:37:22 am »
For a beginner it's quite hard to recommend, DipTrace arguably has one of the better UI's in the small / free game, though with MultiSim Blue from Mouse (NI Multisim) that might be a better option.

Eagle, and KiCAD both have a large online presence, probably the biggest of them all, in terms of tutorials, part libraries, etc.

Design Spark might also work for you, it's free and unlimited, from RS, I could never get on with it but it is a nice package.

If I were you, clear an afternoon (or several) download:
DipTrace
Eagle
MultiSim Blue
KiCAD
Design Spark

and have a play with them all, have a look at the tutorial guides first to see how steep the learning curve is.

Ultimately only you can decide on which program to use, none of us here on the EEVBlog can agree on a single package !  ;D

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:31:59 pm »
If I were you, clear an afternoon (or several) download:
DipTrace
Eagle
MultiSim Blue
KiCAD
Design Spark

and have a play with them all, have a look at the tutorial guides first to see how steep the learning curve is.

Ultimately only you can decide on which program to use, none of us here on the EEVBlog can agree on a single package !  ;D

... and:
Target 3001!

;D

Offline TorqueRangerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 03:32:28 am »
Well I was checking out Designspark and Diptrace tonight .. I like designspark and not so much diptrace .. Designspark  is pretty simple and I just pick and place a component and keep  it  moving ..Diptrace I have to find the right size or pad style and that gives me a huge headache and just really annoying..
So now to try some more and see what happens .. Any other suggestions ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf