Author Topic: PCB manufacturers how they work  (Read 2583 times)

Offline YaroTopic starter

• Contributor
PCB manufacturers how they work
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:09:37 am »
Hi all,

I'm interested in PCB manufacturers and prototype manufacturing. In particular I'm interested in Europe what are lowest prices I can find(for 1pcs and not 10pcs stocks).
Also, assembly of the pcb include particular components like ICs, sensors and so on? And how this work, should I send them components or they will contact their supplier?
For china pcb manufacturing, since they usually copy projects and replicate them, there is valid china pcb manufacturers?

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: PCB manufacturers how they work
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:22:03 am »
I'm interested in PCB manufacturers and prototype manufacturing. In particular I'm interested in Europe what are lowest prices I can find(for 1pcs and not 10pcs stocks).
Also, assembly of the pcb include particular components like ICs, sensors and so on? And how this work, should I send them components or they will contact their supplier?
For china pcb manufacturing, since they usually copy projects and replicate them, there is valid china pcb manufacturers?

That all depends on the individual supplier. You will have to do the hard work and check them individually. Sorry.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline katzohki

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:24:45 pm »
You can try this out to find a suitable supplier for your project:

http://pcbshopper.com/

I've used Seeed Studio and have been happy with their work.

Online jc101

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:14:05 pm »
If you are in Europe then give www.eurocircuits.com a try, they are not on pcbshopper and have a prototype service for some small quantities.

Offline rea5245

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:18 am »
That all depends on the individual supplier. You will have to do the hard work and check them individually. Sorry.

It's not hard work. PCBShopper.com is a price comparison site: enter your PCB's specs and it'll show you prices and shipping times from over 20 different PCB manufacturers.

Alas, it doesn't do price comparisons for PCB assembly, just PCB fabrication. There are a lot of variables involved with assembly, and very few manufacturers have online quotes for assembly - you need to contact their salespeople to get a price.

- Bob

Offline rea5245

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 02:15:09 pm »
If you are in Europe then give www.eurocircuits.com a try, they are not on pcbshopper and have a prototype service for some small quantities.

Eurocircuits is now back on PCBShopper.com. I had been having some technical issues with their web site, but I was able to work with them to straighten it out.

Currently, PCBShopper includes two European manufacturers: Eurocircuits and PCB-POOL. Considering that 45% of my visitors are from Europe, I often wonder if there would be interest in seeing more European manufacturers in my price comparison list. The minimum requirement for a manufacturer to be included is that they provide an on-line quote form that the PCBShopper server can send queries to. Not requiring a login is a plus, and providing shipping costs and delivery times without requiring an Add to Cart (let alone a credit card) is a big plus.

- Bob

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf