Author Topic: Philips PM3350 Oscilloscope Value  (Read 2237 times)

Offline SaabFANTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Philips PM3350 Oscilloscope Value
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:52:56 pm »
Hi,
I'm planning to debug a Maximum Power Point Tracker and a Atmega-Based computer for a sailing-boat which I designed as basically my first real electronics project (up to now, I only have done stuff with the Arduino).
For that project I'm currently eyeing a Philips PM3350 as an interim-Solution until my Rigol DS1054Z arrives (Batronix says End of April, but the PCBs arrived last week^^).
Is anyone here with some experience with that device? And how much is it worth (roughly)?

Or is there a better solution? The market here in Germany is pretty thinned out currently when it comes to Oscilloscopes by the way. Even defective analog scopes never sold below 70€ on ebay during the last 2 weeks and I am studying Game Art, so University-Lab to raid :)

Offline JacquesBBB

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Philips PM3350 Oscilloscope Value
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:07:34 pm »
The PM3350 oscilloscope is nice but bulky (I have the PM3355 which should be close), but it is bulky.

Why dont you find someone who will lend you an oscilloscope for a month. Alternatively, you could consider
buying a logical analyser ( a salae clone for example) that will be complementary to your Rigol1054Z.

like this one (i did not check, just searched on amazon.de)
http://www.amazon.de/Saleae-Analyzer-8Channel-saleae-support/dp/B00DPCDEV2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427663130&sr=8-1&keywords=saleae+logic+analyzer

But beware that they actually have it in stock in Germany, otherwise they may order it from China and it will take more than
one month.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf