Author Topic: poor man ovenized buried-zener reference  (Read 4684 times)

Offline 1001Topic starter

• Contributor
poor man ovenized buried-zener reference
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »
hi everybody! Could be a good idea to ovenize a cerdip MAX6350 buried-zener by a to-220 bjt as heater glued with pt100 or pt1000 RTD onto voltage reference? temp drift and hysteresis could going better?

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: poor man ovenized buried-zener reference
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:19:51 pm »
as zener voltage is also a function of current, you also need constant current circuit in there...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:29:23 pm »
I read "poor man ovenized" and thought it must be a Guardian headline.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:35:58 pm »
Roasted would be tastier.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline 1001Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »
hi everybody! Could be a good idea to ovenize a cerdip MAX6350 buried-zener by a to-220 bjt as heater glued with pt100 or pt1000 RTD onto voltage reference? temp drift and hysteresis could going better?

This has come up before in this forum more times than I can count on my fingers.  The general idea goes like this:

"If I take (this) inexpensive monolithic reference IC and put into a temperature controlled environment, won't that be as good as a Fluke 732?"

The short ...

Poor man, ovenized or rosted, maybe doesn't buy tantalum-nitride resistor networks, I am thinking to a
5Vdc reference to use with ltc2400 or LTC2410.
LTZ1000 is not for poor man, LM399 needs expansive resistor to
lower at 5V. Maybe I can use LM399 with LTC1043 to divide by 2 but I don't know if temp drift can
raise or not. I can buy MAX6350 in cerdip case, it has a buried zener (like LM399, LT1021, AD586) and
laser wafer trimming of high stability thin-film resistors inside the same ceramic package to lower Vz.
It remains the problem of noise, 1.2µVp-p for LTZ1000 vs 3µVp-p for MAX6350.
I don't well understand you if I can avoid any hysteresis ovenizing cerdip MAX6350...
Temperature hysteresis for LTZ1000 and LM399 are different from Temperature hysteresis of MAX6350?
Of course I know it is impossible to reach LTZ1000 standard by a cheap reference.
Tnx a lot DiligentMinds.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 01:00:15 am »
So, can you describe in great detail all of the things you intend to do with this reference?

Don't be cruel to him, we have to treat these proto-voltnuts gently and slowly pull them deeper and deeper. It's a lot like getting someone hooked on hard drugs, your first LM399 is free..  >:D
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf