Author Topic: power supply  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Michael1990Topic starter

power supply
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:24 am »
Hi guys,I want to made power supply but i need a components for power supply  designer by 18 to 250 Vac in and 5 Vdc to 400 mA output!
can you help me?

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
Re: power supply
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:15 am »
18 to 250 Vac is a VERY wide input range
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline newtothis

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:54:44 am »
Hi,
I'm myself pretty new to Electronics - but I think your question is within my scope to answer.
Most phonechargers takes in 100-240V Ac, and gives a 5V, 1A DC output (this will be given on the label), and the current can be limited/reduced with addition of a resistor. couldn't this simple setup not satify your requirement?
The sad truth is that when masked by the umbrella of Anonymity the social restraints can safely be removed, and so the inner troll emerges from its cave.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:24 am »
Thanks!
Ok i think it's better , input range between 110-245 V and output between 5 V and 400 mA
please help me now.....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:50:08 am by Michael1990 »

Offline cs.dk

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:06:20 am »
As newtothis said, a simple wall-wart phone-charger would do the job. No need to over-engineer things.

I don't understand, what you mean by this sentense; "output between 5 V and 400 mA"?

Offline Dave

• Super Contributor
  • I like to measure things.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:53:25 pm »
I don't understand, what you mean by this sentense; "output between 5 V and 400 mA"?
Not worded perfectly, I'll give you that, but still very clear what he wants to achieve:
a 5V DC power supply capable of delivering 400mA.

If you want to engineer your own switching power supply (I can see why someone would want to do that, as opposed to hacking a crappy wall-wart), I suggest you look into off-line SMPS chips (look at he product catalogs of manufacturers like Power Integratons, ON Semiconductor, NXP, ST Microelectronics and Texas Instruments). Look at the datasheets, they will give you all the information you need to design a good circuit.
<fellbuendel> it's arduino, you're not supposed to know anything about what you're doing
<fellbuendel> if you knew, you wouldn't be using it

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:28:54 am »
Thanks for your helps !
I think it's good by di-152-3-w-ultra-wide-range-input-power in this site : ac-dc.power.com

Offline Timmay

• Contributor
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 10:19:45 am »
Thanks for your helps !
I think it's good by di-152-3-w-ultra-wide-range-input-power in this site : ac-dc.power.com

Link to the actual product. No one wants to sort through an entire webpage to find what you are talking about, nor can we give an opinion on it.
Before you take my advice, know that I have 12 years experience as an aviation electrician and am currently a junior perusing a degree in EE. Barely wet behind the ears. I respect everyone's opinion, could be wrong and love to learn. Please don't hesitate to correct me. ;p

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf