Author Topic: Prismatic Lithium Cell mounted monitor  (Read 540 times)

Offline syncroTopic starter

Prismatic Lithium Cell mounted monitor
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:06:28 am »
Hello all

I'm attempting to modify a cell monitor circuit that I found on github.[urlhttps://github.com/scttnlsn/cell-monitor][/url].
Apparently Scott has his boards talking to an Arduino and is going to build a separate microcontroller board to complete his project. I'd like to do similar, but one step at a time.
Since I bottom balance the cells and thus dont need a balance circuit, there are enough pins on the tiny 85 to drive a high and low voltage cutoff. So I added 2 TLP175A photorelays, the output of which will trigger a relay which in turn deactivate the contactors on either the charge or discharge circuit. While the cells power the board, the outputs are driven by a separate 5v supply, shared with relays and eventually the controller. I also added a fuse and laid everything out so the boards can be assembled onto the cells with the connectors lined up so they can be neatly wired up in a daisy chain.

This all sounds good to me, but I really have no idea if Ive chosen the right coupler, and it wouldnt suprise me to hear Ive made some elementary errors, let alone the pcb since Ive never tried to lay one out before. I'd be very appreciative if anyone took a look at the attached files and gave an opinion

cheers

John

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf