Author Topic: Public Electronics lab in Toronto area (Mississauga/Brampton/Oakville)  (Read 2203 times)

Offline MerlysysTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I am setting up an electronics lab for hobbyists or even pros. It will be equipped with the usual scopes and meters etc. It will serve the communities as the distance from either of these 3 will be about 15 mins.

It will be part of a larger Hackerspace/Makerspace. If you are able to help set it up please post details here or send me a private message (I think I can receive private messages, never tried to and I haven't posted here in a while).  Space is already leased and we will begin moving the stuff on the 15th. No website yet so that is something to set up.

Offline PeteH

• Supporter
Even if I can in no way assist. It sounds like an interesting development for the area (I am not aware of any other labs like this in the area, I haven't actively searched though - maybe hacklab, far from west end though).

My line of site from home to work is through two of these locations, feel free to keep us updated on the progress / any other set up tasks... maybe one will appeal to a passerby.

Offline Tronto

• Contributor
I am setting up an electronics lab for hobbyists or even pros. It will be equipped with the usual scopes and meters etc. It will serve the communities as the distance from either of these 3 will be about 15 mins.

It will be part of a larger Hackerspace/Makerspace. If you are able to help set it up please post details here or send me a private message (I think I can receive private messages, never tried to and I haven't posted here in a while).  Space is already leased and we will begin moving the stuff on the 15th. No website yet so that is something to set up.

Sounds great.  Where are you setting up?

Offline MerlysysTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Its at L7G 3P1
Which is in a place that I don't like to mention the name of, Georgetown. I am afraid people will get discouraged because they never heard of it or think of it as some far off rural town. But upon visiting the site (driving from Mississauga) that I realized how accessible it is. From the 401's exit into Winston Churchill its just 15 mins away.
I will have a pic of the building posted here soon.

Any suggestions on where to advertise of its existence? I will post in the EDAboard and other forums, also on Kijiji and Craigslist community sections.

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
Hi,

Is there any news on this? I live in L7G xxx.

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf