Author Topic: Purchased a LeCroy 9424 Quad 350 MHz Oscilloscope 100Ms/s 10Gs/s and need advice  (Read 897 times)

Offline ExodusEffectsTopic starter

• Contributor
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully this is a simple common issue ( if it’s not no worries cause I could just use three channels ) but the scope works perfectly besides channel 3 will not auto detect the 10MHz signal from the probe.

That package has literally just shipped so I am a little premature in my posting. I was rolling the dice on the fact this is common and maybe people could help me understand what I may be in for trying to fix channel 3.

This is only my second scope, two weeks ago I picked up a new Rigol DS1054Z and hacked it to 100MHz. Everything else was already unlocked because of the promo needless to say. Is this going to be a good combo of scopes to learn with? I know Lecroy makes great scopes and to be honest I mostly just do audio right now. However I’m branching out now into logic and I’m sure I’ll just keep branching out and spreading within electronics.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:15:08 am by ExodusEffects »

Offline Atom

• Regular Contributor
well that lecroy is a beast  :scared: if they would give me one for free i surely woudn't refuse it :-DD. by the way i'm the least qualified person to suggest a repair but i think in those models a common failures are the psu modules , now , again i'm a student and know next to nothing but maybe thats the problem, i'd say open it up and take a look at the frontend and the circuitry than starto to check for rail voltages .....maybe you ll spot some evident failure, hope you can find the fault.

how much did you pay for it ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf