Author Topic: Question: Customer End-User Certificate while ordering from outside the USA  (Read 2141 times)

Offline AsimTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hey guys,

I live in Dubai, United Arab emirates. I have been using mouser for time now. I use a drop and ship service from Aramex.
Meaning, Mouser will drop the package in Aramex warehouse /building in USA and then Aramex will ship it to Dubai.

It is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper. This time though I received the attached form from Mouser right after checking out.

How should I fill it giving my explained situation above?! 

The components ordered are for personal use ( hobby project) and has nothing to do with my job.
I don't have a SSN and never visited USA
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:56:25 pm by Asim »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Given they have a field named "Country", they can't expect that everyone will have a US document. In this case, I would simply supply an ID number/type of a Dubai document. Also, check the lists on the links mentioned in the letter and answer accordingly.

Similar for the other questions: if military or civilian use, if the components will be re-exported, etc.

Just answer truthfully. It will go long way in getting their approval.

Just a disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or an expert in foreign commerce. I am a foreign national in US and had to fill zillions of these types documents throughout the years for various reasons.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf