Author Topic: Raspberry Pi 3 Crosstalk Button Issue  (Read 6654 times)

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Raspberry Pi 3 Crosstalk Button Issue
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 10:42:57 am »
I am using these switches from amazon. Do I need to be concerned about component failure? According to the datasheet they are rated between 1-3 million actuations.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017AUJY2C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like I said, for a hobby project you're absolutely fine with those and 5k resistors. wrapper is forgetting this is the beginners section and that people who are just figuring out the basics don't need to worry about these sorts of things. If you're building tens of thousands of these as a consumer product, yes, worry about it, otherwise you're fine. :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:45:46 am by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 Crosstalk Button Issue
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 02:22:49 pm »
wrapper is forgetting this is the beginners section and that people who are just figuring out the basics don't need to worry about these sorts of things.
I'm just suggested how to get it right from the beginning. Actually I just complained after OP decided to increase resistance for no good reason after floobydusts' post.

Offline atechTopic starter

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 07:11:42 am »
This is strange...
The fix worked, so I got really excited. I needed to go do something, so I left it running, but when I came back 2 hrs later the problem was back! What could have happened in 2 hrs of it sitting there?

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 12:40:33 am »
This is strange...
The fix worked, so I got really excited. I needed to go do something, so I left it running, but when I came back 2 hrs later the problem was back! What could have happened in 2 hrs of it sitting there?

Can you take some pictures of the setup, showing us how things are connected? That would help us figure out better what's going on. Also, how are you reading the buttons, code wise.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 10:42:31 pm »
If everything is properly connected, should be a software issue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf