Author Topic: really need help ,  (Read 2461 times)

Offline djengalaTopic starter

really need help ,
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »
hi, ive  been watching eevblog for 3 years never visited the forum ,and this is my first time posting if im in the wrong section sorry ,
but the thing is i'm an electronic student and what we learn in the university is theory no practicing at all and it makes me sad, because even tho i'm a electronics student but when i see a circuit i know nothing ,so if you have any books or videos other than EEvblog channel please send me links because i want to lear  :palm: |O

TL:DR electronics student who knows nothing about electronics and want to learn

thanks in advance

Offline TNb

• Regular Contributor
Re: really need help ,
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 06:26:09 pm »
It is quite strange that you complain about having only theory in university, but go ahead asking for books and videos, which is also a theory, confusing, isn't it?  :)

If you want practice - go and buy equipment and components, make stuff! You can get a lot of cheap stuff on ebay. Or if you have no money for it - try to find hackerspace around your area.

If you still wanna read more theory - here is a good list of books on various topics. For videos just check related channels on right side of Dave's youtube main page.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:19:45 pm by TNb »

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:36:43 pm »
thanks for responding ,now that i read my post again ,found ou i didnt explain myself well what i meant by books is books about practicing etc also about youtube channels
PS:there's no ebay in algeria  :-[ 
i'll find a way, thanks for responding

Offline Karlo_Moharic

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:22 pm »
Links to copyright material removed. Please do not post links to illegal material.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:10:35 pm by Simon »

Offline TNb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:24:13 pm »
thanks for responding ,now that i read my post again ,found ou i didnt explain myself well what i meant by books is books about practicing etc also about youtube channels
PS:there's no ebay in algeria  :-[ 
i'll find a way, thanks for responding
There are not many books specifically about practice (in fact I can't recall any at the moment). Basically the way it goes is that you read theory book and try to implement circuits discussed in practice. I remember Electronic Devices by Floyd had a lot of circuits discussed alongside the theory.

And I am pretty sure that many Ebay sellers ship to Algeria, investigate it. I think it is harder to find local stores in Algeria in 2017 than order it from Ebay or Aliexpress :D

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:35:05 pm »
"Learning the Art of Electronics" is the lab manual for "The Art of Electronics"

The following users thanked this post: djengala

Offline Caio Negri

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 09:10:30 pm »
BOOKS:
  • Practical Electronics for inventors
  • The Art of Electronics
Don't just read the books in one go. Take your time with each chapter, test the concepts with simple circuits and try to summarize the important topics on paper to make sure you have a good understanding on them. If you have questions (and you will) post them here in this subforum  :-+.

VIDEOS AND GUIDES:
If you have $2 a month to spare, I'd suggest signing up for Mr Carlson's patreon (https://www.patreon.com/MrCarlsonsLab) and getting access to his ongoing Electronics course.
"Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can." - Arthur Ashe

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:15:48 pm »
I know nothing about Algeria but here is one of my favorite electronics learning toys that requires no physical goods at all, just a computer with internet access.

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

It's actually proven useful as an actual tool, I've simulated many circuits that I later built and found it to be reasonably accurate.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:50 pm »
thanks i know it does ship to algeria the problem is we cant have credit cards here or how to charge them since the blackmarket price for euro/dollar is at all time high but thanks anyway

Offline Mati256

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:19 pm »
Check out "Make: Electronics: Learning Through Discovery" and the second part. Also, Electronics for Dummies 8-in-1, both have a lot of practice starting from really simple circuits with lots of pictures.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf