Author Topic: Recommends on how to use wire up this panel  (Read 1675 times)

Offline polo-mk3Topic starter

Recommends on how to use wire up this panel
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:54 pm »
Hi Guys, Hope you can help me with this one and I hope I have posted this topic in the right place.  :D

I'm from the UK and have got myself an On Star panel imported from the US for my VW Passat. At the moment its fitted but all it does is illuminate with the interior lights (I wired it in to illuminate) and I would like to be able to use the 3 buttons and the 2 LED's somehow.

This is the panel I have fitted:

This is the board diagram/layout:

I have watched Daves youtube video - EEVblog #262 - World's Simplest Soft Latching Power Switch Circuit and think this is the way forward.

Would you recommend breaking the tracks and wiring 2 wires per switch to a soft latching power switch circuit or is there such a thing that can control the buttons the way that panel is designed.

Its will only be used in my car to control very basic things like interior lights, reverse camera etc.

I'm also looking at using mini latching relays. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-POWER-LATCHING-RELAY-12V-DPDT-/400609696274?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5d4632da12

I have also been told that there are mini latching buttons that will do this same thing but unable to locate anything. I have very good soldering skills and can read circuit diagrams but my imagination for circuit design is poo.

Hope this all makes sense  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf