Author Topic: Request for a Ariston breadboard  (Read 1386 times)

Offline malagas_on_fireTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
Request for a Ariston breadboard
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:43 pm »
Hi

I was searching around ebay and i didn't find a breadboard branded Ariston like this:

I have one and the thing about it is that it has screws underneath to secure the contacts and can be open to service metalic contacs or remove them to make clearence for higher voltages, like 230V, with back-to-back isolation transformer of course with 6VA power, since i don't wanna set it on fire.

Were can they be found for sale?  (Edit bad english) Or similar ones?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:32:20 pm by malagas_on_fire »
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
Re: Request for a Ariston breadboard
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 10:47:07 pm »
Hi here are some images of my breadboard with removed contacts to create gaps on the triac circuit in order to isolate them from the 230V ( isolation transformer ). They can be accessed by screws and taken out by a x-acto knife., rather than take double sided tape

I couldn't find any so far...

If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor

The following users thanked this post: malagas_on_fire

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 01:42:16 am »
Don't think I would want to handle a breadboard hooked up to 230 volts, or am I misunderstanding you?

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 09:49:59 pm »
It is not directly connected to mains 230V, but to a isolation transformer made by two 12VA back to back transformers. Removing the contacts inside the breadboard you can create gaps to grant better clearance and not relying on the double sided tape as isolator .. If i use a regular breadboard it will damaged the triac or the diac eventually.

That's an neat board  by the way, the 5eBoard. I can put some large caps well spaced.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf