Author Topic: Review my schematic?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline cryptykTopic starter

• Contributor
Review my schematic?
« on: May 14, 2015, 11:19:58 pm »
[Edit:  Actually attached the file  :)]
I'm new to this, and I'm trying my hand at Eagle to create a custom PCB. Can I get some feedback on the schematic before I create a board file?
The board on the left is an mfrc522 RFID breakout board that I'll connect with a breakaway header connecter. The center board is the spark core (2x header connectors). The board on the right is a VS1053 mp3 breakout board (2x header connectors).  I'm using breakaway headers so I can remove the daughter boards easily, and because they all already have pins on them from my breadboarding.

There is also one other "satellite" board that I'll place elsewhere using the jumper headers at the bottom. It's a small hall switch.

I don't really know what to ask for help on, specifically, so I'm open to any kind of feedback.

Thanks!
Ryan
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:27:50 pm by cryptyk »

Offline RJFreeman

• Regular Contributor
    • Australian Technical Production Services
Re: Review my schematic?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:26:53 pm »
you don't appear to have uploaded the boards....

Offline cryptykTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:28:09 pm »
you don't appear to have uploaded the boards....

Oops.  Attached now.

Offline charlespax

• Regular Contributor
    • Pax Instruments
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 05:01:00 am »
Glad to hear you're making a custom board. This must be wildly exciting :D

Nothing pops out as being wrong. Can you link to the actual board you're using?

On the mfrc522 there is IRQ and NSS. I'm not sure if NSS or IRQ is the SPI chip select pin. Probably NSS (SS = slave select).

I assume the 3V3 and 3V3A on the spark core our outputs and don't need to be powered. Same for 3V3 and 3V32 on the VS1053.

All your ground and power pins look connected.

It looks like you're running two SPI busses on this device. If they are two hardware SPI busses, your good. If they're two software SPI busses, you're probably still good if speed isn't an issue. If there is only one hardware SPI bus the two devices should share MOSI, MISO, and SCK (SCLK is the same thing). Each one would need a unique chip select pin, which you already have.

Do you have your designs up on github? I'd love to follow what you do.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf