Author Topic: RIGOL Arbitrary generator - not smooth arbitrary functions  (Read 1621 times)

Offline MiSoTopic starter

Hello to everybody,
I´ve purchased Rigol DG1062Z arbitrary generator. Everything works fine, except the reproduction of arbitrary signals, created in Rigol official softwave (UltraStation). I've tried to reproduce the sine function modulated by Hann window, in Matlab, the record of the file is OK (see attachment). However, when I use the file in the generator, it creates stair-step funciton. If I generate the same function in the generator in itself, everythings is OK. Could someone please give me the advice, where the problem should be?

Mike

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: RIGOL Arbitrary generator - not smooth arbitrary functions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 07:11:54 pm »
How many sample points are in the file?  Once you have that number, think about what it means.  The entire waveform is broken up into just that number of samples.  Does that represent what you see on the screen?

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 07:18:43 pm »
In the file there´s 8192 samples. I am attaching the file, used for the generation of the waveform. As you can see, the representation is smooth enought and definitly doesn´t make such stairs

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 09:04:25 pm »
The sample data plots fine in Matlab AFTER I change the commas to periods.  I wonder if the Rigol software has an issue with this.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 10:22:59 pm »
I loaded file pokus.txt into Ultrastation software, and then downloaded it to DG1032Z over USB...
Looks fine that way...

Both .csv and .txt files load with resolution reduction.
Interesting is that also on a generator you cannot save as .txt or .csv only as .RAF file.
.RAF files work fine in both load and save in full resolution...

You can load .txt file in Ultrastation software and save it as .RAF file on a USB stick, and load that directly on a generator. That works fine.

So on a generator (DS1000Z series), you cannot save localy on a USB stick as .TXT and .CSV. Also, if you load wave from  .TXT and .CSV file form stick, it gets loaded decimated to what looks like 60 points horizontally..

I would classify this as bug..

Regards,

Sinisa

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:39:10 am »
Dear 2N3055,
you´re absolutely right! I´ve tried to generate a wave via Ultra Station software, store it in txt and raf format, copied them onto USB stick and finally  downloaded them into generator. The txt format created the stair/step structure and the raf format was fine...

As you´ve said, it must be definitely a bug.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf