Author Topic: Anyone know what's up with Microchip website?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline paulcaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Anyone know what's up with Microchip website?
« on: January 05, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »
It seems all the links are dead to Microchip's website.  Particularly the AVR documentation.  Anytime I search for something it produces a "Page not found".  Like just now:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=atmega328p+registers

Produces dozens of links to Microchip documentation, but if follow, for example:
https://www.microchip.com/error.html?aspxerrorpath=/Images/Atmel-42735-8-bit-AVR-Microcontroller-ATmega328-328P_Datasheet.pdf

I get a "Page not found."

If I browse around their clunky menus I can eventually find most things are still there.  I can only assume they uploaded a new website and Google et.al are still updating.  However preserving backward compatible links would have been an awfully cool idea.

On a related note, AVRFreaks have apparently blocked the include file names in their forum, so all example code has:

#include
#include

At the top.  It's really cheesy.

Internet is broked this week :(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:19:55 pm by paulca »
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline phil from seattle

• Super Contributor
Re: Anyone know what's up with Microchip website?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:32:13 pm »
Yeah, I was hitting a lot of 404 links to atmel stuff found via google search in the last few days.  However, use a few terms from the 404 link and search on the microchip page. It usually turns up. Microchip has been consolidating the 2 web sites, my guess is they aren't close to done. Not sure how google is getting stale data, though.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 03:12:48 pm »
The most annoying thing I've found today is that some of their internal links don't work either.

I've only been delving into this stuff for the past few days, but I think it's been since about New year at least.
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline Aodhan145

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 12:07:51 am »
Yeah I've been getting the same results but only on atmel parts. I think they messed up something recently. They had started to merge all the atmel parts into Microchip pages and might of moved the PDF locations. The links from google don't seem to work and the only link that does is from the product part page.

Offline hli

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:30:54 pm »
Seems to work for me,. Doing your google search takes me to the AtMega328 page: http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/ATmega328p where the data sheet is linked (at the bottom): http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/Atmel-42735-8-bit-AVR-Microcontroller-ATmega328-328P_Datasheet.pdf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 08:42:19 pm »
Try searching for something like "AVR Assembler Timers" and follow the links.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf