Author Topic: Rigol DP712 doesn’t seem to start up normally  (Read 1561 times)

Offline ExodusEffectsTopic starter

• Contributor
Rigol DP712 doesn’t seem to start up normally
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:55:50 pm »
I purchased this last week and this is the only notable issue so far but I haven’t really used it very much yet. It was an open box unit purchased from electro meter in Canada. So I have time to bring it back still as well as having another 2 years of warranty under rigol.

My question is do you guys feel it’s worth bringing it back to them immediately and getting my money back ( as they don’t have any others that are open box) or should I ride it out hoping it’s notning more then an issue with the firmware/software that won’t cause any real problems.. please excuse my ignorance

I’m not sure how to embed a video so I’ll add a link to the video of what’s happening to my unit. Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply

https://youtu.be/uaAeenlqv9g
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:59:35 pm by ExodusEffects »

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DP712 doesn’t seem to start up normally
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:59:13 pm »
I watched that video several times and I guess I missed it.  What's the issue?

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 08:06:18 pm »
When I start it up the second time you can see the display before you see the logo and then you get white lines with flicker and what not each time.  Every time  I start it up I get the same issue with the LCD while when I start up my other rigol products I don’t have that problem. They all start up with the black screen and white rigol logo with no flickering happening.   

To start the power supply up and be able to see the actual working menu before you see the black screen and white rigol logo is not normal from experience with they’re stuff which isn’t a lot by any means but I’ve got my DS1054Z and tried out a friends 2202 in the past
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:08:06 pm by ExodusEffects »

The following users thanked this post: SimonD

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 08:24:49 pm »
If I’m just being paranoid by all means feel free to say so!  Ideally I’d like for it to be something that’s such a tiny issue I might as well keep it. I am really happy to have such a nice power supply and electro meter was great about the price as they only charged me $340 CND with tax for it.

One of th employees forgot to put the power cord back in the box after checking the unit and the president of the company even hand delivered me a cord the same day a few cities over. So I have nothing but great things to say about the company and I’d really hate to be more of a pain in their ass for sure
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:30:38 pm by ExodusEffects »

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 09:33:35 pm »
What happens if you leave the switch off long enough for various capacitors to discharge?  Say 30 seconds or so.

The following users thanked this post: ExodusEffects

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:26:55 am »
Exactly the same thing, sometimes I’ll get the actual display screen appear before the normal black screen with the logo and then turn all white or just white lines across the LCD then load up normal. Or it will start up without the displaying the main screen before the logo but still flicker.

It varies but It’s always along the lines of what’s in the video
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:32:18 am by ExodusEffects »

Offline JustMeHere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 12:54:47 am »
Is the firmware up to date?

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 02:03:32 am »
To be completely honest I haven’t the slightest clue.  I’ll tell you which version it has on it and perhaps if it isn’t up to date, would you mind helping walk me through it? Please and thank you!

I’m really not very computer savvy to be completely honest  it’s never really been needed for me before in the type of circuits I gravitated towards. It’s another huge reason I wanted to start hanging out around here. There’s  a lot of very knowledgeable members here. so long as I keep an open mind there’s a lot I’ll learn

Firmware version 00.01.02
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:06:02 am by ExodusEffects »

Offline JustMeHere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 05:02:38 am »
There doesn't appear to be a firmware update.  If the mfg date is within 3 years I'd contact Rigol.  Heck maybe send them the video anyway.

The following users thanked this post: ExodusEffects

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf