Electronics > Beginners

Rigol DS1052E questions

(1/2) > >>

bearman:
I pulled the trigger and bought a Rigol DS1052E.  I RXed it yesterday.  Spent several hours acquanting myself with it.  What a fantastic piece of gear.   My old scope is a Leader LBO-524 35Mhz unit that I bought new.  What a leap in technology.   Dave and all the other forum folks, THANX for the info and good reviews on this product.

Hear is my question.    In the math section of the unit they have your standard A+B, A-B channel options.  I have never heard of AxB until I saw it on the Rigol.   

What is the application for such a feature ????

Since I have your ear.  If I don't want to use the PC remote feature is there any other reason for loading the software on my PC?

J.P.

flolic:

--- Quote from: bearman on May 20, 2011, 06:10:05 am ---If I don't want to use the PC remote feature is there any other reason for loading the software on my PC?

--- End quote ---

No.

Psi:

--- Quote from: bearman on May 20, 2011, 06:10:05 am ---Hear is my question.    In the math section of the unit they have your standard A+B, A-B channel options.  I have never heard of AxB until I saw it on the Rigol.  

What is the application for such a feature ????

--- End quote ---

no idea,
maybe if you were building an analog cpu and wanted to check the multiply instruction :P  hehe

johnmx:
If A is relative to a current and B to a voltage then you can see the instantaneous power of the DUT.

Psi:

--- Quote from: johnmx on May 20, 2011, 09:04:33 am ---If A is relative to a current and B to a voltage then you can see the instantaneous power of the DUT.

--- End quote ---

of course, dunno why i missed that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version