Author Topic: Rigol DS1054  (Read 4237 times)

Offline MurmeleTopic starter

Rigol DS1054
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:25:19 am »
Hello,

I tried to save the data I sampled with the oszilloskop and I would save the data as csv. But every time there comes the message "function limited". I tried to decrease the memory depth but it has no effect. It works to save as .trc file but how I can open them on the computer to input them in matlab or excel?

Martin

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1054
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:31:56 am »
I use DSRemote. It saves the data in EDF format (much better than csv) which can be opened in Matlab, Octave, Scilab, R, etc.
Works fine for me.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:36:42 am »
Hello, I would save the data as csv. But every time there comes the message "function limited". I tried to decrease the memory depth but it has no effect.
its weird as i have no issue with saving csv. maybe there are settings you changed that made this limitation. but even if you successfully managed to save CSV using the built in function, it will take ages and you dont want to regularly use that feature.

It works to save as .trc file but how I can open them on the computer to input them in matlab or excel?
saving as wfm is equivalently (if not more) efficient compared to "saving to trc", many magnitudes better than "save to csv". for Windows user, i use VisaDSO http://www.soasystem.com/download/visadso .you can:

1) save DS1000Z or DS1000E wfm to usb pendrive using built in rigol save function. and then move the pendrive to PC and then using VisaDSO "Insert WFM" function. later you can "Export to CSV" into your PC.
2) connect your DSO to PC and direct transfer the raw data to VisaDSO. VisaDSO can save for you 1 byte per sample (space efficient) using its standard *.vidsoc file format, or/and later you can export to CSV format for matlab or excel import. whichever you prefer.
3) you can do zoomable and peak/harmonics search 200Kpts FFT and 15Kframes/sec level grading simulation (intensity grade and color/thermal grade) in currently published lite beta version, totally free and time unlimited.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline MurmeleTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:32:27 am »
With the wfm file I have the same problem. Is there a possibility to save 2 millions of data points into that file? Is that a firmware limitation?
I installed DSremote but I cannot connect to the oszilloscope.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:41:19 am by Murmele »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 03:42:17 am »
Is there a possibility to save 2 millions of data points into that file?
i saved 24 millions of data to wfm without issues. its just take several magnitudes slower than visadso. so i'm not sure what your problem is...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline charlieb83

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:11:49 pm »
Are you by chance saving to the internal memory? If so, maybe try inserting a USB drive and saving to there.  Not sure it will work, just a suggestion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf