Author Topic: schematic editor tool?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline techguruTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
schematic editor tool?
« on: December 09, 2018, 06:14:24 pm »
Hi to all,

I need some schematic editor tools were i could draw the circuit but i do not want to simulate the circuit. I always admire at Behzad Razavi sir book, How the author might drawn to explain the concept. Can i know the software used in the book  and free software available for schematic drawing....

Offline Kasper

• Frequent Contributor
Re: schematic editor tool?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 06:53:48 pm »
Not sure what is used in that book but for free stuff:
KiCAD is good for schematic and PCB.
Fritzing seems popular for schematic and I think it can also do breadboard designs, haven't used it myself.

Offline Wimberleytech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 07:04:40 pm »
Fritzing seems popular for schematic and I think it can also do breadboard designs, haven't used it myself.

Fritzing is a very nice tool.  I even use it for layout (don't laugh).  It is a challenge to get a new device that is not already in the library.  Moreover, it is not being maintained any longer.  There is at least one guy on the Fritzing forum that will build a custom part if you ask him nicely.

I have used Visio for years.  It is not free.  I have an extensive library of symbols that I have created.

Once upon a time, I wrote an engineering textbook (now 3rd edition).  We did the figures using Adobe Illustrator (for 2nd and 3rd).  Very nice results but Illustrator is not really designed for that purpose and it is not free.  However, Inkscape is free and also generates nice output.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:20:15 pm by Wimberleytech »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 10:57:35 pm »
I use LTSpice for lots of my schematics, even if I don't bother simulating them and edit them in image editing software later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf