Author Topic: Searching PCB Manufacturer for hobbyist  (Read 46892 times)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Searching PCB Manufacturer for hobbyist
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2011, 12:25:58 am »
I just got 10 boards from ITead studio for $16 *delivered*:
http://www.eevblog.com/images/misc/ITeadPCBb.jpg
6/6 rules with 0.3mm/0.6mm vias.
The vias on the other side are much better aligned.
At least one of the boards had a short on it, but no big deal, I get that from PCBcart too.

Insanely good value for money. Why would you make your own boards?

Also mentioned on today's Amp Hour.

BTW, they added those numbers down the right side.

Dave.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:28:45 am by EEVblog »

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2011, 12:37:30 am »
Any idea where the short is Dave?  Nice looking board.

Offline VIPR

• Contributor
  • "Lead, follow, or get out the way!" --TP
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2011, 12:47:46 am »
For such a cheap price I didn't think they would look that good! Other than the slightly off drill registration they look nearly as good as what you would expect from a much more expensive board house.

Did they not offer electrical testing or did you just choose not to have it done as a cost savings? 

Offline Chasm

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:53 am »
For such a cheap price I didn't think they would look that good! Other than the slightly off drill registration they look nearly as good as what you would expect from a much more expensive board house.

Did they not offer electrical testing or did you just choose not to have it done as a cost savings? 

5 out of 10 are tested and marked.
10 out of 10 costs $10 extra. Not really viable at $16 in most cases.

Offline LEECH666

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 02:33:52 pm »
http://www.eevblog.com/images/misc/ITeadPCBb.jpg

Woah ... was the NC machine drunk when it drilled those vias? ;D

My vias look pretty good compared to that besides the ones that didn't electroplate correctly. I only got like 5 vias on my board tho.

I guess they outsource their stuff to different fab houses.

I have no idea what 8/8 or 6/6 rules mean (maybe trackwidth to trackspacing in mil/thou?). //EDIT: Guess my assumption was right (couldn't watch the video at work).

My vias are c100h50 (1.00mm/0.50mm) and if they plated through they look way better than the vias on the PCBs Dave got from ITead.

That reminds me to check my assembled board, as I didn't use a tested one I think :-\.

Cheers from Germany,
Florian
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:31:32 pm by LEECH666 »

Online oPossum

• Super Contributor
  • Very dangerous - may attack at any time
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 09:58:14 am »

I got some boards from itead (green) and DorkbotPDX (purple). These are simple TH designs with mostly 16 mil traces. Everything looks good. Drills are centered well, but not perfect. It was good to see how the gerbers are processed for mfg. (clipping of silk mostly).

I just submitted a 6/6 SMD design to DorkbotPDX - should have that in a few weeks.

Scanning the boards showed how craptacular my scanner is.
(click for 600 dpi image)

Offline shadewind

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 11:08:33 am »
I ordered two designs from iTead and got the package this friday. Unfortunately... the package contained someone elses boards! There had apparently some sort of messup in packing so I got someones boards and someone else got mine. Fortunately, one of the designs I got belonged to a guy who lives only 10 minutes by car from me so I gave him the boards and he apparently had one of my designs so I at least got one of them (which unfortunately had an incorrect footprint... but that's my fault of course). The other design is probably lost somewhere in the world :)

Anyway, I contacted iTead and they responded within the hour and they're of course going to remake the board that was lost and combine it with some other designs I want to make.

Strange as it may seem, even though they seem to have many quirks and weird stuff going on, I kind of like iTead anyway. All of the boards I saw (both mine and the other ones) looked very good and they seem very honest in their way of doing business and communicating.

Offline winddy

• !
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2014, 04:16:44 pm »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:55:34 pm by Simon »

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2014, 04:47:22 pm »
This this old thread got resurrected.  Things have changed. An excellent place to look for PCB prices is pcbshopper.com.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf