Author Topic: Sedra and Smith, and good?  (Read 4648 times)

Offline drlobsterTopic starter

Sedra and Smith, and good?
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:37:31 pm »
I am learning some electronics, working with Horowitz and Hill as my book.  Some of the explanations baffle me though and I am looking for another book.

Does anyone have any opinions on Sedra and Smith, or another book which would help me.  My background is in mathematical physics, so math content is no issue for me.

Thanks

Offline badSCR

• Contributor
Re: Sedra and Smith, and good?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 12:38:25 am »
If you would like,  I could post a list of the books that I used during the time I was getting my AS_Degree.   It's about 6 books.

Offline rossmoffett

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:37 am »
I know this might seem funny, but try Wikipedia if you haven't already.  It's really comprehensive, and even senior level Electronic Engineers (edit - students) use it heavily.

It doesn't always work out this way.. but because it's meant to be general, the articles usually have a simplified, down to earth, easiest possible route to understand.  Every time something seems unclear to me at one place, Wikipedia seems to fix it up for me.

Sometimes it even has a general article and a technical article for the same thing.  Operational amplifier, for example, has a history and development article.  It links at the bottom to another article, called "Op-amp applications" which gives all of the equations and configurations for different op-amp tasks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:29:32 am by rossmoffett »
ArcAttack - A group of musical Tesla coil performers with semi-regular blog updates.

Offline septer012

• Regular Contributor
    • http://www.danielbjohnson.net
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:07:53 am »
I learned from Sedra and Smith with no problems.
Daniel

G-man

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:56:49 pm »
S&S is a very valuable book, though I personally didnt use it much when I did my EE courses.
I later referred it at the time of job interviews - extermely handy!  ;D
It has this summary at the end of chapter with insightful equations which will refresh all your concepts!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf