Author Topic: Servo tuning with a scope..DC brushed motor type  (Read 1189 times)

Offline golashTopic starter

• Contributor
Servo tuning with a scope..DC brushed motor type
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:49:35 pm »
Hi
I am attempting to tune my Gecko drives. Just a few days ago I received my new scope.
Am wondering if anyone is familiar with the tuning process. Hoping for some direction.
Not certain if my scope settings are correct but here is a video of the machine and scope
waveform

This is a thread I started that covers more details.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general-cnc-machine-related-electronics/243416-new-control-panel-build-looking-advice-layout-5.html

Offline ConKbot

• Super Contributor
Re: Servo tuning with a scope..DC brushed motor type
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:10:28 pm »
Gecko doesn't have software for their controllers which spits out the relevant plots needed for tuning? Every servo controller I've used had software which could plot commanded position vs actual, motor current vs desired current, etc. 

Generally when your tuning a drive, tune the current control loop, then the velocity control loop and finally the position control loop.  You feed it a square wave (usually a control can generate this itself) and you turn up Kp until you get sight overshoot and ringing, then Kd to damp out the overshoot, and add Ki to shorten the step response.

Not all those parameters may be present though, as velocity is the derivitive of position, and current (torque, therefore force) is the derivitive of velocity

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf