Author Topic: Software for making plots of fictional waveforms (not simulation/measurements)  (Read 605 times)

Offline TheUnnamedNewbieTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
For reports, it is not uncommon that one might want to add plots of fictional waveforms to show the intended operation of a circuit or such (take for example the output of a integrator or a bridge rectifier). These are often idealized circuits and so just taking measurements or even simulations doesn't work. Do you guys have any suggestions for making plots like this? I can of course use a ideal simulation, but that is not always easy. I can also come up with the mathematical descriptions of the waveform and plug them into matlab (which is what I tend to do now).

Do you guys know of any tools that make this even easier? Something that will allow me to just drag around waveforms or such, that I can perhaps export to something like inkscape to plug into my vector graphic schematics, etc...
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf