Author Topic: Soldering wire to camera  (Read 15628 times)

Offline MidasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Soldering wire to camera
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 08:32:59 am »

Offline MidasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 08:37:54 am »
BE Nice SL4P, this is beginner section.

Midas, need to follow directions. Unsolder those wires, take a single wire, strip about 1/2" of insulation off the ends.  Touch a corner of the switch (on its contact) and take the other end of the wire and touch each of the other corners of the switch until the camera takes a picture, when it takes a picture, that is where you need to solder the wires of your sensor too.

I checked everywhere on the top of the shutter and could not find anything in terms of it being on the end.  |O I used a thicker wire and touched the middle of the button of course the flash went off on the shutter

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 12:30:17 pm »
On your close-up photo of the switch - you don't want to solder to the switch - you need to connect to the solder pads.

Not the gold switch membrane or the silver bits within the switch itself....  but those small silver (solder) corners that are visible (L-shapes) just outside the four corners of the 'gold' square.

From the image as it is shown above, it appears the pads you need to connect - are the top and bottom L's on the RH side. of the switch body.  The tracks may run under the switch - but they look like the ones you want)

The switch itself is irrelevant - you are bypassing the switch with your wire and (relay) or whatever.

(I just can't press UNNOTIFY!)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:33:45 pm by SL4P »
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Online G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »
Try the top right and bottom right solder pads. The one nearest the writing and the one below that. |O

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 08:56:08 pm »
Try the top right and bottom right solder pads. The one nearest the writing and the one below that. |O
Yep - that should do it!
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf