Author Topic: Someone nice enough to check my board design?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Jac0basTopic starter

Someone nice enough to check my board design?
« on: August 26, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »
Hi, I'm very new to electronics design and currently trying to finish up my first real thingy. I've got a working prototype and a board made in Eagle. Could someone more experienced please take a look at my board and tell me where I've screwed up? :)

I want to get the board made by a chinese PCB house. Is this design ready for manufacture or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Jac0basTopic starter

Re: Someone nice enough to check my board design?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 07:12:34 pm »
PDF looks pretty bad IMO, but there you go

Offline daddylonglegs

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:45:29 am »
Jac0bas,
  You could post:
A pdf of the schematic.
A pdf of the board, with one layer per page (this is probably what cleaningOut intended) or...
The zip file you will send to your board house - including the gerbers.
The raw schematic and board files can be helpful.

The gerbers are probably the best files for checking, things can go wrong between the board file and the gerbers.

You can check your footprints by printing the board layout on a 1:1 scale and physically placing your components on the printout. We don't have your BOM and, frankly, I'm not going to check each and every footprint on some random internet project. My regrets.

Looking at your board two things stick out:
The module you're using has an antenna drawn on it. This almost certainly requires the space around it to be free of conductors and so I think your copper fills (and possibly your connector labelled SERIAL and your LCD module) will interfere with the antenna. Check the datasheet for the module.
You almost bisect your ground fill with tracks running along the bottom layer. The clock and data lines for your LCD running across this gap could give you EMI and signal integrity problems.

Offline stmdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:03 am »
After a (very) cursory look, it's not bad for your first attempt.  We will be able to give you more detailed comments if you post the information the other people requested.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the mounting-holes. There's not a lot of material left around the hole, so the corners might break off quite easily (or, even before you get the boards). I'd move them in a little bit if your case allows for it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf