Author Topic: Sony backlight inverter , transformer help  (Read 1073 times)

Offline SeaofdepTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
Sony backlight inverter , transformer help
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:42:35 am »
I have a Sony tv that would power on to the Sony logo then picture would disappear. I opened up the tv and powered it on ( safety first ) first thought was the backlight inverter. And tested voltage with dmm . And found indeed it was one of the transformers on the inverter. This is where I need help, can I repair the transformer and if not does anyone know where I can order one from? Any information helps
Thank you
Picture bellow , side marked with black is the fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:44:26 am by Seaofdep »

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
Re: Sony backlight inverter , transformer help
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 12:11:53 pm »
I don't seem to be getting any help with my post anymore, am I posting on wrong page or am I missing something, please let me know if  I am doing something wrong ..... update : I wasn't sure how to go about fixing inverter and didn't want to just buy one and swap it out when I see this as a learning experience. So what I ended up doing is completely removing ccfls and adding a led strip, I tested using external power supply and it is working very well. I would Like to wire led strip directly to tv power supply to avoid having two switches one for tv and other for led . I'm not sure if this is possible ?

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »
That work but you'll probably find the LED strip doesn't give as good colour rendering at the CCFLs.

Is there a relay which turns on, when the TV is powered up? Perhaps you could use that to power the LED strip power supply.

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:00:29 pm »
Oh, I didn't really check for color rendering, just a basic scan of channels, hmm well that's fine I going to use it as a monitor for my security system.
 Yeah there is a relay that turns on but there really isn't any room to add the led strip power supply unless mounted on the outside someway ,
Thanks a lot for your response. I'm still learning and taking it a step at a time and any help is greatly appreciated

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf