Author Topic: STILL NO LUCK!!! HANTEK DSO4102C User manual a GHOST!!!!!  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Andy-In_over_my_headTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
STILL NO LUCK!!! HANTEK DSO4102C User manual a GHOST!!!!!
« on: December 02, 2016, 08:25:38 am »
My frustration is through the roof. My previous post which (Just like a noob) posted as a pole. I bought this Hantek DSO4102C, and then received it with no user manual. No videos anywhere, no user manuals in google... and one post in here with one picture of the function gen set up.... that's it...
I figured going cheap would be okay for someone who's only 7-8 weeks into electronics but I'm not blind to this which is why I've already invested thousands of dollars into a hobby (work bench, tools, components, etc.). But I am blind to the oscilloscope interface which is why I expected a manual... since there are no videos.... (why is that by the way?)
I'm looking at a toy I can't play with and am ready to throw it into a street so I at least get some enjoyment out of it...
Please reference me to a user manual, a video, SOMETHING!!!!!
I attached a photo of my little setup IF IT WILL SHOW UP...  any advice on setup is always appreciated.
"I'd rather be buried then ungrateful to be given life and food on the table. And in a world this shaky and unstable, we've got to be less hateful!"

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: STILL NO LUCK!!! HANTEK DSO4102C User manual a GHOST!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 08:39:44 am »
Find a generic 'scope tutorial, grab the DS5000 series (it won't be that different) manual here:

http://www.thodukonics.com/os/HANTEKDSO5000.pdf

and experiment.

Come back when you find things you don't understand.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:43:42 am »
http://www.hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_4163.html

You must register (it's free) and then you have downloads available (including manual)

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 08:44:29 am »
Dunno, it seems that Hantek website and google do not work for you. I tried attach pdf here but it's too large. http://www.hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_4163.html
Select download tab and click manual. Login and password: bugmenot
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:46:50 am by wraper »

The following users thanked this post: Andy-In_over_my_head

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 08:55:25 am »
Dunno, it seems that Hantek website and google do not work for you. I tried attach pdf here but it's too large. http://www.hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_4163.html
Select download tab and click manual. Login and password: bugmenot
Thanks a lot!!!! after logging in with your info, i realize i should create the damn account and register it too... I really wanted to find something that didnt require having to remember another place to go with a password and username... i can't keep up with my work ones alone... but i really appreciate the login info... ill delete this post now... but a video would be cool... since every other model seems to have one.
"I'd rather be buried then ungrateful to be given life and food on the table. And in a world this shaky and unstable, we've got to be less hateful!"

Offline WaveyDipole

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 02:51:19 pm »
Hopefully the account provided by wrapper is a temporary throw-away account....

I know what you mean op by having to set up yet another account on yet another site just do do a simple think like download a publicly available file. I think many of us have more accounts than they are able or care to remember! I think for many websites its all about information gathering. Then there are websites that make you log in and in the process navigate you away from what you were looking at, log you out when you press the back button, thereby forcing you to log in again and find what you were looking for again... |O

I have found the easiest solution to the ever growing list of passwords is to use a password manager like KeePass. For further information see here:

http://keepass.info/

You set one strong password for the password safe and the rest are stored encrypted within the password manager database. That way you do not have to remember lots of passwords. Some might caution against having all eggs in one basket, but how else do you manage in excess of 200 (and growing) Internet accounts? The advantage with a password manager is that you can set different and strong passwords for each account you create (which is recommended) and you do not have to worry about remembering them. All you need to remember is the one strong password you set for the password safe.

I'm glad you have the manual now so you can now learn about and enjoy using your scope. I received my first DSO on Tuesday and its been sitting in its box all week since I haven't had a chance to unpack and test it yet. Hopefully I will have some time at the weekend....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:08:54 pm by WaveyDipole »

Offline MatthewEveritt

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 05:24:57 pm »
I'd assume it's an account from bugmenot.com. Pretty much a shared password manager for these kind of sites where logging in is just a way to get your email address.

Offline WaveyDipole

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 07:06:51 pm »
I wasn't aware of that resource. Thanks.!

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 01:30:21 am »
You should download and read all the manuals before even ordering - while you're waiting for a good price.
Then when it arrives all you've got to do is hope it works as advertised.  :)
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 11:22:33 pm »
Hopefully the account provided by wrapper is a temporary throw-away account....

I know what you mean op by having to set up yet another account on yet another site just do do a simple think like download a publicly available file. I think many of us have more accounts than they are able or care to remember! I think for many websites its all about information gathering. Then there are websites that make you log in and in the process navigate you away from what you were looking at, log you out when you press the back button, thereby forcing you to log in again and find what you were looking for again... |O

I have found the easiest solution to the ever growing list of passwords is to use a password manager like KeePass. For further information see here:

http://keepass.info/

I really appreciate this... Whats the chance I can keep it from the wife??  Haha.... She's not stoked about me spending $3,000 in 7 weeks on a hobby that has re-purposed our guest room... Just to ask me to make something I don't know how to make... In my defense though, I think a mind controlled mail fetching robot is a little far out of my reach for where I'm at now... Plus that's just lazy anyways...

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 11:35:53 pm »
You should download and read all the manuals before even ordering - while you're waiting for a good price.
Then when it arrives all you've got to do is hope it works as advertised.  :)
I typically am an obsessive pre-purchase study freak...  However this new hobby has brought out a very impatient person in me. (and I mean no self "Horn Tootin" but I absorb and learn very quickly... I'm a serious perfectionist so when I hit a point with a project and need something to continue, l will explode if I don't order soon) This scope was well priced with a arbitrary/function waveform generator in the same device.. I figured it would hold me off... I'm not into Ham or RF yet but when I need something better, I'll have a better understanding of what is best for my purposes when I go spend the 4+ digits on the 2 separately...
OH!!! ALSO..; reading a manual on a device that's not in front of me to play with is torture!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf