Author Topic: Two questions about aoyue int2703A+  (Read 2935 times)

Offline u666saTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Two questions about aoyue int2703A+
« on: March 26, 2016, 08:01:43 am »
Hello forum.  I have Aoyue Int2703A+ soldering station for 2 years now, it gets the job done.  Mostly I use it to replace microUSB on phones and tablets, but sometimes I use soldering iron to do other phone and tablet repairs.  Good station!  But I have to replace soldering iron tips every year.  And here is a negative part of this station, soldering iron tips are expensive and often time come defective.  Just last year I ordered 3 tips from SRA-Soldering in USA (I live in Russia).  2 of them were defective, sending them back wasn't worth it, so I ate the price.  Contacting SRA with the problem didn't do squat, they didn't even reply.  Never the less, it is a good station.  Reflow BGA on notebook, phone, tablet with it is not a problem.

So here is a question number 1:  I found some soldering iron tips on aliexpress, description says they are for Hakko.  They look like the tips inside my soldering iron.  Check them out.  Would they work with my soldering iron?

Question number 2:  Honestly, because replacement tips are so expensive I use only one tip for all my work, I would use 3 tips if 2 of them weren't defective! :(  Aoyue has nice soldering irons for their other stations, with cheap tips.  Will any other soldering iron fit my int2703a+?

Offline xyrtek

• Regular Contributor
Re: Two questions about aoyue int2703A+
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 03:44:36 pm »
Hello forum.  I have Aoyue Int2703A+ soldering station for 2 years now, it gets the job done.  Mostly I use it to replace microUSB on phones and tablets, but sometimes I use soldering iron to do other phone and tablet repairs.  Good station!  But I have to replace soldering iron tips every year.  And here is a negative part of this station, soldering iron tips are expensive and often time come defective.  Just last year I ordered 3 tips from SRA-Soldering in USA (I live in Russia).  2 of them were defective, sending them back wasn't worth it, so I ate the price.  Contacting SRA with the problem didn't do squat, they didn't even reply.  Never the less, it is a good station.  Reflow BGA on notebook, phone, tablet with it is not a problem.

So here is a question number 1:  I found some soldering iron tips on aliexpress, description says they are for Hakko.  They look like the tips inside my soldering iron.  Check them out.  Would they work with my soldering iron?

Question number 2:  Honestly, because replacement tips are so expensive I use only one tip for all my work, I would use 3 tips if 2 of them weren't defective! :(  Aoyue has nice soldering irons for their other stations, with cheap tips.  Will any other soldering iron fit my int2703a+?

A long while back I mistakenly bough one of those branded stations (Aoyue 968A+ I think) and the tips where hopeless.

They were different so the ones you use could be better.

However, good tips last forever and if you have to replace them every year I would say those are not good at all.

I threw the whole thing in the garage and ended doing the same I was doing before buying that piece of #@#$. Taking the complicated stuff to work and only keeping a cheap weller station at home.

I know this doesn't answer your question but I learned that good soldering irons last forever at a local manufacturer that keep all their stations on at all times. And they know what they are doing trust me.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:10:06 pm by xyrtek »

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 03:49:57 pm »
Aoyue is a good clone of Hakko, so the tips are compatible.

I've had the same issue with hakko tips not lasting long on my Aoyue station, not had any erosion of the tip, it just won't tin anymore. For that I've used this product, expensive but works well and lasts long: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/multicore/706397/82-153-ND/2498950 -- got it from TopLoser

Also, avoid lead-free solder.

Offline u666saTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 10:54:18 am »
So you are 100% sure that hakko tips will fit aoyue station?  Could use measure ohms at the last two contacts (at the top) of hakko tip?

Problem I had with tips is not tinning.  At the base, where the cone begins, the tip begins to rust and eventually breaks in that place.  I'll put up a photo monday.

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 02:54:02 pm »
I have the same station. Never had any faulty tips. The tips last a very long time with leaded solder.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf