Author Topic: Got to be woth £20 uk  (Read 86906 times)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: Got to be woth £20 uk
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2017, 09:37:20 pm »
Took a screenshot of a Scullcom video about the same/similar reference - hope it helps
Yes, that does help me :) I can't quite find the dimensions of this model, but having the capacity at least gives a decent ballpark figure. Thanks!

Offline iainwhite

• Supporter
  • Measure twice...
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2017, 09:46:31 pm »
Also, earlier in the thread, SeanB mentions using a clone Nokia BL-4C battery...

Offline voltlog

• Regular Contributor
    • VoltLog
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2018, 05:02:12 pm »
I am looking to get one of these voltage references based on the AD584 from aliexpress but looking closer at the product pictures I can see the can marked as AD584LN. Is that possible? because by looking at the datasheet I see the can version should be ending in H and the plastic package should be ending in N. This makes me think the guys making these could be re-marking these as an L version when in fact they are not L grade?

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2018, 05:10:02 pm »
I am looking to get one of these voltage references based on the AD584 from aliexpress but looking closer at the product pictures I can see the can marked as AD584LN. Is that possible? because by looking at the datasheet I see the can version should be ending in H and the plastic package should be ending in N. This makes me think the guys making these could be re-marking these as an L version when in fact they are not L grade?
I would make sure to contact the seller before buying. Without it being specified, you could receive any version.

Offline voltlog

• Regular Contributor
    • VoltLog
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:29 pm »
I would make sure to contact the seller before buying. Without it being specified, you could receive any version.
Questions have been sent but until I get a reply (It's Chinese New Year so it might take a while) I would like to hear your opinion on the LN part number.

Offline Bzzz

• Contributor
  • shoving atoms
    • Wan Hung Lo Electronics Blog :)
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2023, 10:32:18 am »
Hi,

Tried a stable bench supply in place of the lith bat, got absolutely bugger all from it, wouldn't turn on, didn't do it's Xmas lights display, nowt  :-/O left it for a few hours  :bullshit:

Thought I’d buggered it completely.

So i put it all together and it was still as dead as a dodo.

Through curiosity, i connected 5v to the power socket and it came back to life  :wtf:

Well, I just forcibly shut down my unit by ripping off the metal cap of an old spring-loaded 4mm plug at work (SKS Hirschmann BUELA - Bueller, Bueller?), which shorted out something. No visible damage, no magic smoke, but wouldn't turn back on. After some investigation I of course ended up here, looking for some schematics around the soft-power-on circuit, but simply connecting it to 5V did the trick. Apparently the unit cannot do a black start with the built-in lithium cell, but instead relies on some aux power to get its control circuit up, and then stays on permanently with extremely low power consumption. Well, it's working just fine again - 2.5V rail for example is 2.49888V on calibrated 6½ digit Keysight gear now (not warmed up for three moons!) and was marked as 2.49887V at least 10, maybe 15 years ago when I bought it. The badly scratched AD584LH has an 9118 date code...

Offline Neshco

• Contributor
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2024, 01:00:50 pm »
Looking into this to buy one, and found that there are only KH versions of the IC.
What is the story with it, is it the L version somehow rebranded or...?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf