Author Topic: tip solder fume extraction  (Read 1696 times)

Offline lacekTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
tip solder fume extraction
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:47:26 am »
Hi,
I want to have solder fume extraction through a hose supplemented by the tip fume extraction for a single desk. One option is JBC fume extraction which allows to have two in a single unit, but it is about 2k EUR. Weller say MG 130 is half that, but it does not have a dedicated input for the tip fume extractor (the official way to have tip extraction is to buy WFE2P, but it costs another 900EUR). Is it possible to mount somehow Weller tip fume extractor to the large fume extractor unit (I envision buying reduction from 60mm pipe to the one used in tip extractor in a hydraulic shop). Would this fly?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:13:06 am by lacek »

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: tip solder fume extraction
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:00:13 am »
Take a look at the Aoyue 933. It's made for tip type fume extraction and it's inexpensive.

There's even a thread where another member used one of these with his JBC station (JBC fume extraction).

Offline FotatoPotato

• Regular Contributor
  • It's probably in reverse...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 03:34:45 pm »
I have the Hakko FA430. Its not cheap but damn it works so well. If you have the budget for it i would highly recomend it. Just dont get those shitty desktop fans with carbon filters. They dont do anything accept thin out the smoke with more air.

Offline macboy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:47:40 pm »
Take a look at the Aoyue 933. It's made for tip type fume extraction and it's inexpensive.

There's even a thread where another member used one of these with his JBC station (JBC fume extraction).
The filter in that thing is a complete joke compared to a real unit like Weller WFE2P (which I what I use).

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:39:12 pm »

The filter in that thing is a complete joke compared to a real unit like Weller WFE2P (which I what I use).
I don't doubt that in the slightest. But what you're using is quite expensive, and I suspect well out of the OP's budget.

It'd actually be less expensive to get a decent fume extraction unit (non tip based unit), and use it as intended IMHO (i.e. the QUICK6101A1 is reasonably priced).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf