Author Topic: Troubleshooting basic drone  (Read 1408 times)

Offline SeaofdepTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
Troubleshooting basic drone
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:57:37 pm »
Hi , I have a propel orbit hd drone that was working fine, and after a rough landing I replaced the propellers. Tested and was working. The following day I turned on the drone and only 1 led out of the 4 light turns on doesn't blink for connecting to controller or anything. I have looked at many forums and found that propel is not the best at helping out or responding. So decided to pull out the dmm. I found that the working arm is receiving 4ish V and 2 of the non working are at 0.032-0.053 and the last is receiving no power at alll. I am not sure where to begin checking for the shortage and would appreciate any feedback and or help. Thank you  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:01:15 pm »
The working is led2 I have also tested all led and they are in working order
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:04:12 pm by Seaofdep »

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
Re: Troubleshooting basic drone
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:23:05 am »
The working is led2 I have also tested all led and they are in working order
Well after countless of hours on google and determination , I managed to sniff around with the dmm and find the issue . Now I just need to figure out how to desolate these little smd lol

• Regular Contributor
  • leaning as i go
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:46:04 am »
Hi , I have a propel orbit hd drone that was working fine, and after a rough landing I replaced the propellers. Tested and was working. The following day I turned on the drone and only 1 led out of the 4 light turns on doesn't blink for connecting to controller or anything. I have looked at many forums and found that propel is not the best at helping out or responding. So decided to pull out the dmm. I found that the working arm is receiving 4ish V and 2 of the non working are at 0.032-0.053 and the last is receiving no power at alll. I am not sure where to begin checking for the shortage and would appreciate any feedback and or help. Thank you  

So just wanted to update this. I tried replacing smd and that shorted out on main board but even with a rework station it was difficult lol and ended up flicking of other components. When all hope was lost, I remembered about a micro drone with bad motors I had  (2x2). Long story short , I made sure mosfet can handle the amount of amperes needed to run bigger motors , modified and added long range antenna, soldered motors and new battery wires. Zip tied main board and now she flies

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:53:25 am by Seaofdep »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf