Author Topic: Trying to build a precision voltage source. Best way to trim a LTZ1000A?  (Read 13394 times)

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Re: Trying to build a precision voltage source. Best way to trim a LTZ1000A?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 05:35:11 pm »
So why not just order a bunch of trimmed bulk metal foil from vishay? They sell it at digikey. VSMP series, they are 2ppm (after marketing BS).
BTW Linear doesnt say how to trim it, because the circuits to do this are not straighforward, and they are several component. Meaning, that connecting the 20 bit DAC is the easy part.

Offline JoeNTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2016, 06:08:42 am »
So why not just order a bunch of trimmed bulk metal foil from vishay? They sell it at digikey. VSMP series, they are 2ppm (after marketing BS).
BTW Linear doesnt say how to trim it, because the circuits to do this are not straighforward, and they are several component. Meaning, that connecting the 20 bit DAC is the easy part.

This is new information for me.  I didn't know this could be done except at the manufacturer and I thought it would be unreasonable.  That looks like an actual option.  Thank you.
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline quantumvolt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »
I have sold my last LTZ1000. This (anecdotal) video for the new owner (a member here) could have some general interest.

https://youtu.be/qifVn6V9ECI

Edit: Video link.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:20:54 pm by quantumvolt »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf